Monday, October 22, 2012

challenges

for the first time giving birth, we get to be discharge after 24 hrs. yeay! so we were thankful to Allah coz i just cant stay longer in the hospital.... however after birth rayyan had to stay in NICU for monitoring of his sugar level. i can only come and see him at times of feeding coz i was placed at different ward than him. got to walk to get to him. hmmm challenge for me... but Alhamdulillah I managed as my after birth pain wasnt so bad.
 
but than after we came home only rayyan jaundice starts to show.. at the first few days, its only mild but after 4 days the nurse asks us to get his blood count for jaundice. so we went to nearby clinic to do so but the dr cant perform it that day.
 
no choice my IZT and mom took rayyan to HA emergency. so than as suspected his jaundice reading was high abt 200 ++ which means he has to be admitted. i came and we had to stay in peds at HA. the room was nice and comfortable. so ALhamdulillah
 
 
so than, the episode started for rayyan as he had to be off his clothes and put under the light ( forgot the name ) and had to only wear this eye cover. yup any mothers seeing a week old baby in such state wouldnt be able to take it.. i am not comfortable seeing him like that. plus my BF are not doing so well. rayyan hardly be able to get milk and this makes it very hard for me as we cant give him formula in a bottle here.
 
so the first day evening was a bit of challenge. i had to give him a formula in a cup. hmmm a week old drinking in a cup...yeay...
pity my baby... so Alhamdulillah Allah did has His great plan for us. I had no sleep that night and rayyan seems to be soo hungry all night long. i had to keep BFing him eventhough my milk hardly came out. he did not want to be put on his bed and i cant get him the lights these way... how can he be cured faster...
i tried and tried and tried with the BF and Alhamdulillah it eventually came out. and rayyan was feeding on and on and he poop which is also good so that the jaundice would come out.
 
So it was with reason why we had to go back warded again after discharged. Allah has made it possible for me to get my BF and if we dont rayyan probably be on formula alone right now.

 
so Allah always has His best plan for us. alhamdulillah.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

    Aaron
    aarongrey112 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin